Philippe C. Rousseau
Philippe is a corporate/commercial and transactional lawyer with significant experience advising investors, lenders, start-ups and larger companies in various types of financings, commercial matters and business transactions.
Former firms & in-house roles:
Davies Ward Phillips & Vineberg LLP
At Caravel Law, Philippe works primarily on equity and debt financings, acquisitions and sales, company formation and development, shareholder agreement negotiations, partnerships, commercial contracts, and other business matters. His work includes advising investors and start-ups in various types of capital-raising transactions, including acting as lead counsel for several venture philanthropy projects.
Prior to joining Caravel Law in 2014, Philippe was a partner at Davies Ward Phillips & Vineberg LLP, a major Toronto law firm, and acted as a strategic legal advisor to Canadian and international clients on numerous complex, multi-party commercial transactions and business matters, including sales and acquisitions of public and private companies, joint ventures, partnerships, equity financings, senior and subordinated debt financings, technology sharing and licensing, private equity, corporate governance, and corporate and securities law compliance.
Laval University, (LL.B.) 1998
- Advising investment firm in various early-stage equity and debt investments and related governance and transactional matters;
- Negotiating letters of intent and transaction documents for acquisition and sale of private company shares and assets;
- Advising start-up and lenders on senior and subordinated debt financing facilities;
- Representing controlling and minority shareholders in negotiation of shareholder agreements and resolution of shareholder disputes;
- Advising hedge fund in establishment of limited partnership fund for investment purposes;
- Drafting and negotiating master services agreements and related statements of work for various service providers;
- Counselling non-profit entity on convertible debt financing and preferred share investments;
- Advising consulting firm in connection with formation and development matters and related business contracts
“Philippe’s support was incredibly helpful. The combination of his knowledge of the content, experience in similar situations and candid, practical style is exactly what I’m looking for.”
– Dylan, Venture Capital and Private Equity