David is an experienced senior legal advisor with over thirty years experience, providing a wide variety of counsel and advice to clients in various industries, and with extensive experience in the retail and industrial sectors.
Former firms & in-house roles:
Home Depot of Canada Inc.; Venator Group Canada Inc. (formerly Woolworth Canada Inc.); Heenan Blaikie LLP; Shell Canada Products Limited; Tory Tory Deslaurier & Binnington; Supreme Court of Canada (Articling Law Clerk)
David leverages his many years of in-house and Bay Street experience to provide businesses with a wide variety of strategic and legal advice, including the drafting, negotiating and advising on a variety of complex and day-to-day commercial agreements, as well as providing support on employment, competition, compliance and corporate governance matters. David also has extensive experience in litigation management.
As General Counsel to Home Depot of Canada Inc., David was a member of the Company’s senior management team and had responsibility for all legal and compliance matters relating to the diverse business operations of Canada’s largest home improvement retailer. David’s responsibilities included advising Senior Management on risk management and on diverse legal and business issues relating to the company. Specific responsibilities included a wide variety of legal and regulatory matters, including: Corporate and Commercial Law (including drafting and negotiating a wide variety of business agreements in all areas of the business), Mergers & Acquisitions, Labour and Employment Law, Competition Law, Privacy Law, Litigation Management, Corporate Compliance, FCPA Oversight and Compliance, Real Estate Law, Construction Law and Intellectual Property Law.
- University of Cambridge, (LL.M.) 1987
- Osgoode Hall Law School, (LL.B.) 1984
- Ongoing Board of Directors’ advisory role, contract review, commercial law and employment law advice for non-profit association in the retail sector.
- Ongoing contract review and drafting and commercial law advice for large service provider (including extensive online services) in automotive sector.
- Contract drafting and review and commercial law advice for supplier in travel/tourism sector.